The North Channel Marine Tourism Council
What do we do?
The North Channel Marine Tourism Council (NCMTC) is a not-for-profit organization that promotes tourism and marine related activities of one of the most spectacular cruising grounds in the world – North Channel and Manitoulin Island.
The council works towards maintaining the natural beauty of the North Channel and Manitoulin Island as well as promoting the vast opportunities that the area offers boaters and visitors alike.
Who are we?
NCMTC Board of Directors – 2012/2013 Term
Chair - Little Current - Stan Ferguson
Director - Blind River - Mal Clarke
Director - Echo Bay - Robert Hope
Director - Gore Bay - Marg Hague
Director - Killarney - Peter McMullen
Director - Little Current - Michael Erskine
Director - Richards Landing - Bruce Ibbitson
Director - Thessalon - Lincoln North
Director - Sault Ste. Marie - Joe Cain
Secretary - Spanish - Mary Bray
What are our objectives?
Why should you become a member?
- To increase tourism and recreational use of the North Channel waterway.
- To retain the desirable and natural features of the North Channel.
- To promote and provide input into tourism development and planning by fostering relationships and researching funding sources at Federal, Provincial and local levels.
- To provide benefits to the membership, including but not limited to training and marketing opportunities (including NCMTC website and newsletter).
- To host an Annual General Meeting / Conference to share information and to discuss future marine tourism development plans and directions.
- To accept donations, gifts, legacies and bequests.
- Listing in North Channel Waterway brochure.
- Listing on the new North Channel Website www.thenorthchannel.ca
- Opportunity to provide your promotional materials in a welcome package distributed to over 200 boaters when they register at North Channel ports
- Co-operative Marketing Opportunities
- MAST Training Program for Students and Staff / VHF Licensing
- NCMTC AGM Newsletter
: [email protected]